A grab bag of random
* So there's this one girl who comes to the gym all the time and NEVER works out. Do you want to know what she does instead? I'll tell you what she does. She spots her boyfriend while he lifts and then fixes her hair in the mirror between his sets. She does this for an HOUR. It is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen. I've seen them before and I've thought, OK, benefit of the doubt, maybe she works out first and then helps him. But I got there the exact same time as them tonight and ALL she did was spot her boyfriend and fix her hair. Over and over and over again.
* I was up at 4:30 a.m. the other night and there was NOTHING on. No-thing. Nada. Literally, infomercials on every channel, except TBS, which was showing Runaway Bride for the 100th time (trust me, I watched 99 of them) and USA, which had on a Law & Order: SVU marathon. OK, I never watch Law & Order--any of the versions. But I like Mariska Hargitay because she's pretty (ha ha ... and I'm superficial) and there was nothing else on and there was NO sleeping happening, so I watched it.
OK. Seriously. Worst show to watch in the middle of the night EVER! It's good, but it's messed up. Did that stop me from watching it at 3:30 a.m. the next night? Nooooo, of course not. I'll give you three guesses what's on now ...
* On a related note, why is there nothing on at 3 or 4 in the morning? If someone's up then, isn't that when they need TV the most?
* On another related note, I always want to say "Law & Order: SUV" instead of "SVU."
* On a semi-related note, only because it's about TV, I flipped over to the repeat of Dirt on FX and what a freaking train wreck. HOLY CRAP. Might want to go back to collecting that Friends syndication money, Courteney.
* I love that British people say "lovely." I wish Americans said lovely. If someone in this country says lovely, they're either 80 years old or being sarcastic. But it's such a nice word! It's my favorite part of that Coldplay song The Scientist: "You don't know how lovely you are ..." They said it twice in The Holiday, which reminded me of it. I was like, ohhhh! I wanna be lovely!
* I got a new bill holder thing today and it ROCKS. It's brown and, like, corduroy-ish, and it makes me feel TOTALLY organized, which was the whole point. (And getting it was one of the "action" items on my resolutions list ... so far, so good!)
* Tonight I was reading an old Entertainment Weekly that I hadn't gotten to before the holidays. The Will Smith one. And he said something that I loved. He said: "I am dedicated to doing good. When I wake up every day, I want the world to be better because I woke up today."
I know it's not particularly original. I know that celebrities are, by definition, insincere. I know they say things that will make them sound nice in interviews. I know, I know, I know. But putting all that aside for a second, isn't that a nice idea? I think it's a nice idea.