Waiting for My Real Life to Begin

The life and times of a girl named Swishy.

Monday, January 29, 2007

Good morning

It's 4 a.m. and I haven't gone to sleep yet. Why? Because I'm CRAZY.

This is my night: I got home at 10:30 and watched the last half hour of Grey's Anatomy on Lifetime. It was one of my favorite episodes, which is so fun even though I already have them all on DVD, so I was happy about that. I was getting tired, so I thought, OK, let me go take a bubble bath and read a little, and I'll (gasp) go to sleep a little early.

I took a bath, all right. And then I got out, put on my bathrobe, flopped on the bed and read a book. An entire book. An entire 358-page book. And then I got dressed, went into the living room, and put on the tape of the SAG Awards, thinking I'd just fall asleep in front of them. Ohhhhh, no. I watched the TV Guide red carpet, and then the E! red carpet, and then the awards themselves.

And now it's 4 a.m. and I am SO UP. I feel like I should go reorganize the closet or go through my cupboards or something. I mean, I swear. This is ridiculous.

(Best part of the SAG Awards: Chandra Wilson winning and then saying something about "those 10 people over there ... and the one in rehab." HA. Mariska Hargitay looked gorgeous. Vanessa Williams was most improved from the Golden Globes. I thought Jennifer Hudson's boobs were going to heave out of her dress when she gave her acceptance speech. I think that's all.)

11 Comments:

At 6:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw Julie andrews get her Lifetime Achievement award and then I was done....I did see a little of the red carpet tho. so Jennifer Hudson won again huh?! HA! I hope she wins the Oscar!

Now, I should send you my bottle of Tylenol PM cuz I can't sleep without those babies...how do you function during the day if you don't sleep at night?

What book was it? Your eyes have got to be crossed!!!

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger Manic Mom said...

WHAT BOOK WAS IT!?!?!?!?

And you can't fool me... bubble bath yeah right. ; ) Just like I go to the gym to work out! hee hee.

 
At 5:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, how do you function with so little sleep?
Although I was also awake at 4am, it was with a snoring toddler - urghh!
Get some sleep tonight girl!

 
At 10:41 PM, Blogger Manic Mom said...

where the heck are yoU!?!?!?

 
At 11:04 PM, Blogger Swishy said...

I have a bottle of Tylenol PM that I've never opened! I'm scared I'll oversleep if I take it, I think. Don't worry, though, I'm fine!

The book was The Tenth Circle by Jodi Picoult. It's OK. If you're going to read a Jodi Picoult book, though, I think My Sister's Keeper is better.

And Manic ... LOL!!

 
At 12:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're not crazy. I am.

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger Bina said...

Dang woman, if you need something to do you can always come to my house! LOL

I'm gonna have to look up these awards. I have no idea what all you people out there are speaking of.

Yup, I'm Entertainment Illiterate.

 
At 11:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How do you do that? Anytime I get anywhere near the bed with the intention of reading, I'm asleep with 10 minutes!

 
At 12:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Swish,

Wanted to say hi b/c I've been lurking and not commenting! :) But in addition to J.Hud's boobs, I have to say that Marg Helgenberger's were about to go bust as well. Wowsa. She really needed to strap those babies in! Hope you're doing well and getting more rest.
Allison

 
At 11:40 PM, Blogger CruiserMel said...

I think I may be in for one of those nights myself tonight. I'm beat, but was away from the puter all weekend and I've just got to get caught up. I've GOTTA. Dammit.

 
At 4:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stress ball.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home