Back from the edge
Ladies and gentlemen, we have power. Halle-FREAKING-lujah! Thank you all for your nice thoughts. It was seriously one of the suckiest things ever. I feel like it will take years to undo the psychological damage, but at least I have a warm place to start the process. Yay!
All right, so the Golden Globes. It seems a little anticlimactic to post about them NOW, but I'll give you the quick bullet points:
* OK, you're going to have to take my word for this, but I SWEAR it's true. Jessica Biel came out to present, and I turned to my friend and said, "Oh, my gosh, Justin Timberlake is TOTALLY eyescrewing her right now." It was almost embarrassing. And then what do I read today? That Cameron Diaz flipped out when she saw Justin hitting on Jessica at an afterparty. I was like, I KNEW IT! It was so freaking obvious.
* Reese Witherspoon looked AWESOME! She was my favorite. Good for her. Cameron was my worst dressed. Awful makeup, awful dress, and I think I like her better blonde.
* I thought Jennifer Hudson's speech was very nice, but it wouldn't have killed her to thank American Idol. It's not like we all forgot she was on the show.
* I liked seeing what Sacha Baron Cohen is like in real life. I find him absolutely fascinating ... such a contradiction.
* Brad and Angelina are pretty. They were analyzing her to death on that CNN showbiz show afterward. She WAS withdrawn, but I really do think she was trying to just let Brad have the spotlight. Plus, he seems to be much more comfortable at those things than she does anyway.
* Totally sick of Helen Mirren.
* Jack Nicholson CRACKS me UP. He's always right up front, holding court, looking like he's having the time of his life. I was laughing so hard, because he kept grabbing random people and pulling them over to sit next to him at his table. First Reese Witherspoon, then P. Diddy ... so funny.
* My winner wish list: Leo DiCaprio (for The Departed; I didn't see Blood Diamond), either McDreamy or Jack Bauer, Ellen Pompeo, Steve Carell (although kinda fun to see Alec Baldwin win) and The Office (ditto on Ugly Betty). Happiest to see: Grey's Anatomy win. Shocked to see: Babel win. What I can't wait to see on tape: Ryan Seacrest and John Stamos' little red carpet snark-fest (Stamos goes to Seacrest: "You work very hard for $20 million a year." Awww, snap!)
And, of course, the biggest Golden Globes story ...
Is Isaiah Washington freaking INSANE? What a complete embarrassment. (I'm talking about Grey's Anatomy and its resident angry homophobe--you can catch up here.) I thought he was an ass when the story first came out last fall, and I think he's an even bigger one now. He SO needs to be written off the show, if he hasn't been already. Clearly a great job on the No. 1 show on TV isn't good enough for him--he has to freaking choke McDreamy and make poor George feel bad and generally steal the spotlight with his tacky, classless behavior every chance he gets. Good for Katherine Heigl for calling him out.
Anyway. On a kinda, sorta, not really related noted: American Idol. Have you been watching it? I've caught pieces. Did you see the monkey boy tonight? Oh, my gosh, I nearly died.