Waiting for My Real Life to Begin

The life and times of a girl named Swishy.

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Why I love Secret Santa

This week at work we're doing Secret Santa. We do three little presents from Tuesday-Thursday and then a bigger one on Friday. I LOVE Secret Santa. What's not to love when you walk into work and see this on your desk?



Clearly I have the very best Secret Santa in the building! The only way it would have been more perfect is if there had been a bathtub full of bubbles right next to it.

(The Oreos are gone now, by the way. As if there was ever any doubt. I got help eating them, though, I promise!)

We had to fill out a little slip of paper with stuff like our favorite treat, our favorite guilty pleasure, our favorite team. I put Team Jolie, although I don't think that's what they had in mind. Speaking of which, Miss Angelina was all over the place today. She was on the Barbara Walters special, and then did you see the interview excerpts from Vogue? It's the first time she's talked about Brad in any detail. Naturally, I'm riveted, and I might even blog about it tomorrow.

But right now I have trashy tabloids to read!

14 Comments:

At 12:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am jealous! I didn't see any of that stuff about angelina and I am obsessed with her and Brad. It's sad, but true.

man, I need to get a life!
Go team Jolie!!

 
At 12:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, it was a year ago that I caused that massive shit-storm. How time flies.

 
At 9:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahhhhhhhh good to see some things never change....once a media diva....always a media diva!!!

shhhhhhhhhhh btw I too think you got the very best secret santa!!!

 
At 9:50 AM, Blogger Karitown said...

Very cool. Last time I played secret santa was in college.

Waaaaa!!!! I want a secret santa again.

 
At 10:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Swishy --I hope this doesn't make you jealous. When I lived in Philly my roommate worked for Nabisco. When the plant would start making the enrobed (fancy word for slathering chocolate over their cookies) she would invite me to the plant and we would eat chocolate covered ores right off the baking line. OMG! Even better were Malomars right after the chocolate was hardened. Orgasmic in a chocolate kind of way.

Looks like you're having a great week!

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger Bina said...

We're doing Secret Sister this week, too! I LOVE it! I like buying the gifts, and I love getting the gifts, too. The one I picked is a very creative girl, single, no boyfriend. Our questions, and her answers are:

1) Things you collect - Dust & Dogs
2) Six things you would like
6'2" single man
Very elderly rich man with no living family
To be taller
To be skinnier
To have bigger feet

How funny is that?

 
At 2:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooo...what a great way to do Secret Santa!!! Clearly, your SS knows you well - talk about a great gift box! Honestly, who needs scented lotions and loofahs when you can have magazines and cookies?

I have to step back from the Angelina fire, though. Husband stealing - hmm, no. With friends like that, who needs enemies?

Oreos, on the other hand, are little sandwiches of happiness.

 
At 3:48 PM, Anonymous Ramblin Rose said...

what no TIM TAMS!!!! That's Criminal!!!

 
At 4:03 PM, Anonymous Maia Caron said...

Smut as Christmas present. I love your Secret Santa, and I don't even know who she is. Must be a she--only a woman could gift this well. I can't wait to bury myself in all the hooha on Angelina. Please blog on her tomorrow, Swish. Sorry to hear about the Oreo Cookies. That fast huh?

 
At 6:55 PM, Anonymous Eileen said...

I am so ashamed but must admit a love for the cheesy celeb mag.

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger CruiserMel said...

Your Secret Santa rocks! If they're going to ask you what you want, they should (and he/she did) give it. Fantastic.

Oh, we share a love of the trashy celeb mags - it's a luxury I only allow myself when I've got to fly on a plane. And that's about monthly. Heh.

 
At 11:10 PM, Blogger Swishy said...

RIGHT OFF THE LINE??? Oh, my gosh, I would die.

I DO have the best Secret Santa! Today I got lip gloss and Rolos!

 
At 9:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Swishy...**whisper** I made the switch to beta. **shhh**

I'll be waiting for you on the otherside :P

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger Manic Mom said...

Awwwwwwww!

I still have Tim Tams for you. But you'll have to come to Chicago soon for them!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home