Waiting for My Real Life to Begin

The life and times of a girl named Swishy.

Thursday, December 14, 2006

This is fun

The wonderful and talented Scribe L.A. posted this fun quiz on her blog today. I'd post the pretty-looking version, but I forgot to hit the html option. Anyway, go to that link and click "extras" to take a quiz to reveal (drum roll) ... your seduction style! If yours is anything like mine, it will at least boost your ego for a second or two. I'm a hunter. It tells me that means: "If you weren't so sweet, you'd probably scare off a lot of potential lovers with your confidence and strong sense of self. Luckily, you have a tiny little soft spot that shows through ... You're just so awesome that lovers probably chase you screaming down the street. You're that smokin'."

I could make a whole lot of depressingly self-deprecating comments in response, but I'm just going to take it for its one-second ego-boosting face value. So go take it, and tell me what you are!

Couple of other miscellaneous things:

* Have you SEEN the latest pictures of baby Shiloh? Holy crap, she's perfect-looking. I thought the rule was that two extraordinarily pretty people couldn't have an extraordinarily pretty baby. Sort of the universe's way of evening things out. But this baby is beautiful. GORGEOUS. Go here to see, because I'm scared of People suing me if I post it.

* My favoritest episode ever of Sex and the City is on! What a fun surprise. Actually, most of the episode is blah, but the last five minutes are perfect. I tried to find it on YouTube, but it's not there. Anyway, it's when Carrie runs into Aidan at the opening of Steve's bar. He's outside smoking a cigar, and she drops her fork, and he feeds her a bite of cake and HOLY FREAKING SEXUAL TENSION!!! It's amazing that my TV doesn't burst into flames when it's on. John Corbett looks absolutely, unbelievably you-know-whattable, and they just LOOK at each other and AHHHHHHH. Seriously one of my favorite parts ever. I've watched it a thousand times. It took me weeks to find the song that played in the background. All I had to go off of was "Do you want to be in love for real?" because the rest is instrumental ... anyway, I found it, and I used to fast forward to that part of the song and BLARE it in the car. Ah. Love it.

* I keep trying to post comments and Blogger won't let me! It's very hit and miss. But I'm still reading your blogs!

20 Comments:

At 1:37 AM, Blogger Frannie Farmer said...

I don't think I want to take that quiz today .. Mr. Farmer is out of town and well, if it comes back *too hot* that might not be a good thing! :)
I am so right there with you on the Shiloh pic's. Now I think all of my little darlin's are gorgeous .. but dang, that baby out all other babies to share. Poor Suri!
And since I have already ranted abouut blogger all over the place - I'll just stick w/ya and say IT SUCKS!
... Frannie

PS - your Secret Santa ROCKS. I think I want to go back to work .. just for that!

 
At 7:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG, Shiloh!!!! Can she BE any more perfect?!! god, how depressing for the rest of us who have kids and think they are the most perfect things on the face of the earth. she is just.....I don't think they have a word for her yet. Poor suri is right...Suri is just a little..."strange" looking to me!

ya, your Secret Santa totally rocks!

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger Golightly said...

Shiloh is out of this world gorgeous - her big pretty blue eyes are killer!

Uhm yeah what is up with Blogger (again)???

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger Bina said...

That is one scene I haven't seen on Sex and The City, and since I haven't, my favorite scene is the last season, when Carrie and Big run in to each other. I had goose bumps and actually cried.

As for Shiloh, yes, she's pretty, but I'm very sorry for all you fans out there, but I have seen prettier babies. It's not her fault she doesn't have hair, but can you imagine her with curly locks surrounding that face? Or some really long eye lashes? THAT would be perfect. And you know what? Maddox is a great looking kid himself. How'd they get so lucky to adopt two beautiful kids, and then have one naturally? They were born for success and greatness it seems.

Maybe I'll have better luck in another life! And hey, maybe I'll be adopted by Shiloh one day! LOL

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger CruiserMel said...

My fave Sex In The City episode was the fashion show where she face-planted and her friends all encouraged her to pull herself up and flaunt it. I love friends who do that. Awww.

And my friggin style is The Bubble. If you don't mind, I'm going to post it on my blog tonight. I'll give ya cred, of course.

 
At 9:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beta Blogger sucks!

 
At 9:46 PM, Blogger Trish said...

Those Lips! Those Eyes! That baby defies description...

She better grow up to be a nice person...the world does't need any more Britney's/Paris's/Lindsey's.

 
At 10:01 PM, Blogger Trish said...

And will you look at that...I posted a comment under my real name and it worked!

The miracle of it all...

 
At 10:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a really great scene.

And good for you, Miss Smokin' Hot!

 
At 10:55 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Hiya Trish! Hope you're well. I'm just stopping in to say hi. I have not seen Shiloh, but I'm not surprised that she's lovely. I am trying, however, to ignore her parents. They bore me to tears.

Merry Christmas! I'm missing my Grey's, aren't you?

 
At 11:46 PM, Blogger TTQ said...

You are a hunter and I am an armchair.. ?!! An armchair.
It said I needed to throw my hat in the ring, but I'm outta the game and have been for 6 whole months..
I'm more like armcandy, that I can understand.

 
At 2:34 AM, Blogger Frannie Farmer said...

Ok, here you go:
Frannie is: The Tantrum
You've got all the markings of serious drama machine. Maybe you've grown, but it's likely that you throw a fine tantrum when things don't go your way. We don't want to be on your bad side, so we're going to stop before you get cranky.
That's a lie. Take that you big psycho baby! You need some discipline. And a nap. How are you going to find the person you want if you keep whining? Stop trying to manipulate everyone! Just be your amazing self and the world will swoon for your fabulousness.
*****
I don't like it, make that mean old quiz change the answer, I want to be a Hipster or the Tantric Master - whaaaa... whaa...

 
At 5:47 PM, Anonymous Ramblin Rose said...

wow everyone is having probs with blogger...

Your so right shiloh is gorgeous... let's just hope her parents dont screw her up....

I love your secret santa ...

 
At 5:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh fuck shiloh where did i get shiloh??? bang bang bang my head...

suri....

 
At 1:26 AM, Blogger Scribe LA said...

Awe shucks:-)
Blogger is being weird to me, too.
I know it's silly, but the quiz was a nice ego-booster for me, too. I have the midas touch, apparently. Yippee. Now all I have to do is figure out what I want to touch and it will turn into gold.
Scribe
And yes, love the sexual tension with Aidan and Carrie.
Have a great weekend.

 
At 8:43 AM, Blogger Heather said...

So what IS the name of that song, Swishy? I love it too!

Heather (who would SO have taken Aidan over Big, although figuring out a way to have both would have been peachy too. :)

 
At 3:44 PM, Blogger kim said...

Beautiful baby! Holy crap.
I'm not jealous though b/c I totally make gorgious babies too :o).

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger Manic Mom said...

Hey! Miss you! Been busy throwing cookie exchanges/cocktail parties, shopping, napping, yadda yadda, you know how it is in MM's glamorous life--LOLOL Really LOUD!

I can't believe that baby--she is so beautiful! Look at those lips. Man oh Man.

We have to catch up--it's been a while!!!! xo

 
At 5:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

swishy **whisper** I made the switch and passing the torch on to you and drew LOL

See you on the other side!

 
At 2:51 AM, Blogger Swishy said...

Heather, the song is "Love for Real" by Everlast. Yes, Everlast, which TOTALLY threw me off until I got to the middle of the song ... it sounds NOTHING like it! I was sure I had the wrong one.

I'm kicking and screaming to Blogger beta ... maybe for the new year (as if I have a choice!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home