Waiting for My Real Life to Begin

The life and times of a girl named Swishy.

Sunday, October 29, 2006

McDreamy indeed

My friend had a baby on Friday, so I've been at the hospital a lot this weekend. Her baby is the sweetest, most mellow little thing ever. He is SO GOOD. He barely, barely cries, and when he does, he stops as soon as you pick him up. It's amazing how much of your personality is already there when you're born. Your environment probably determines which parts are brought out most.

Anyway, so I've been at the hospital a lot, which means one thing: Every time I see someone in scrubs, I want to ask them if they watch Grey's Anatomy. It also means, between that and seeing the "WAR ON THE SET!" Grey's Anatomy headlines on the cover of every magazine this week, I must have Grey's on the brain, because I had the CRAZIEST DREAM last night.

(I'm going to preface this by saying that I have the most vivid dreams EVER. I'm not kidding. They are filled with unbelievable detail. I'll wake up furious at someone I fought with in a dream, or unsettled because of something someone said. They are way, way vivid.)

So anyway, it starts off as this whole dream about work people. Then this one girl interrupts and says, "Swishy, Bailey's totally on the warpath." (Which, by the way, Cristina's said about 100 times on that show.) So then it morphs into Grey's Anatomy, and I'm Meredith. There's a wedding taking place (which, by the way, is supposed to happen on the show at some point according to Shonda Rhimes--see how my brain works?) and everyone from the show is there, in character.

This is all boring, isn't it? Let me get to the point, which is: I TOTALLY MADE OUT WITH MCDREAMY IN MY DREAM. He grabs my hand and we run from room to room, trying to find someplace dark and empty, and finally he's like, "I can't take it anymore!" and throws me up against a wall in front of a bunch of people (including Alex and Addison) and totally starts making out with me. And I remember EVERYTHING! Like, his teeth knocked against mine one time. I reached up and touched his face and he had probably exactly two days worth of stubble going. And then at one point, I reached into his back pocket and I could feel his butt, and I remember thinking, "Oh, yeah, wardrobe cut out the pockets so they wouldn't show lines on camera" because I'd done that once with a pair of MY pants. And THEN I was like, "WOW, McDreamy's going commando!" Now do you see what I mean about detail?!?

Just in case you're wondering, McDreamy is a great kisser, but a little hard. I attribute the slight roughness to the fact that he couldn't get enough of me fast enough. Ha ha ha.

15 Comments:

At 4:57 PM, Blogger Golightly said...

Go YOU!! whoo hoo. I cheer even though its for dreams ;)

and a wedding, whaaaaaaaaaat? I wonder who that could be...

 
At 6:03 PM, Blogger Trish Ryan said...

Call Orange Purse Man. Call him now!

Not really a surprise that McDreamy goes commando. But do you want to spend your dream time with a man who thinks about whether or not his pockets are ruining the line of his pants???

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger TTQ said...

I have wicked vivid dreams too, I get them from my mom. I still crawl in her bed with her and we talk about what the other one was dreaming about, depending on who woke up who. She's a Grey's addict too. Why can't I have dreams like yours??? I see dead people...just kidding! I just remember the scary ones more in detail.

 
At 10:36 PM, Blogger Two Roads said...

Trish, too funny. I know I want to hear all about OPM too!

Swishy, you do realize that in "real" life McDreamy is married. But I love your dream. Did you wake up trying to catch your breath from the excitement? I love those sexy/steamy dreams like that! I'm a vivid dreamer too!

 
At 11:25 PM, Blogger Swishy said...

I have NO CLUE who could be getting married! Maybe Joe the Bartender with his boyfriend ...? It's gotta be someone fringe, because I think the whole point of this season for the main ones is figuring out who they are again.

OK, all good points on McDreamy, but remember we were in character! Well, I was me, I guess, but otherwise it was seriously like I was stepping into an episode.

 
At 3:19 AM, Blogger Drew Blackstone said...

OK, hit the power button, put down the remote, back away from the TV, and no one gets hurt.

 
At 7:56 AM, Blogger Karitown said...

LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!

Great dream and too funny, Drew.

I love that show. I dream but then I never remember the details. I remember it being awesome, but just out of my reach when I want to write it down. It drives me crazy.

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger Scribe LA said...

YAY. I'm so happy for your friend and the healthy, happy baby.:-)
And the dream? Nice. Your dreams are much more exciting than mine... I have to work on that. Cheers.
Scribe

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger Bina said...

Ha! Love the dream! Don't you love the ones that are so real, you wake up and actually feel the passion and wish you could go back to it? And I'm sure you are right, it was all that pent up passion coming out in the kissing. He'll get better, and maybe next time ... who knows how far it will go? :)

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger Sara Hantz said...

OMG - now that's what I call a dream!!! Beats the hell out of mine, that's for sure.

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger Ramblin Rose said...

that was a very steamy dream about McDreamy!!!!! The season ended here last night now bring on the new season!!! wohooo!!!


RR

 
At 5:16 PM, Blogger Andie said...

oh goodness!

I haven't had one of those dreams in a LOOOOONG time.

maybe I'll have one when I'm on vacation. LOL

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger Manic Mom said...

I have to get the kids to bed so I haven't read all this, but wanted to tell you to go over to Jess's. She said such great kind nice things about YOU AND ME!

Miss you, will be back around soon.

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Wow! If only I could achieve that type of detail in a dream involving Jim from "The Office!" I salute you! :)

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Great dream! Jess Riley sent me here and I'm glad! I too am a complete and total Grey's fanatic. I do a silly recap every Friday morning. If you're interested, you can e-mail me at momhoodblog@yahoo.com .

Fun blog. I'll be back!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home