Waiting for My Real Life to Begin

The life and times of a girl named Swishy.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Just a few slices of random

Because my life is, oh, so exciting. (Strange men with orange man purses notwithstanding!)

* My feet hurt. Like, BAD. You know about my whole "I'm a Pisces, I have sensitive feet" thing. There is nothing I hate more than wearing real shoes, unless it's breaking in real shoes. Which I tried to do with a brand new pair today. Not only are they new and un-broken in, but they also have a decent heel on them, so I'm also trying to teach myself how to walk all over again. Try being late for a meeting and running up three flights of stairs in brand new, un-broken-in, tall heels. I'm just happy nothing's broken.

My favorite pair of shoes made my feet bleed the first five times I wore them. For real. But I sacked up and toughed it out, and now they're so comfortable I could sleep in them. So I KNOW I just have to be patient. But ohh, do I hate it. I swear, my TOENAILS hurt. And yet I'm going to wear them again tomorrow. Why? Because I'm a masochist, that's why.

* Best news story, hands down, of the week: the pissing match on the Grey's Anatomy set. Every time I saw an update of this story today, it just got better. McDreamy really told Burke to "pick on someone his own size" (you mean that's not just a line used in cheesy '80s movies)? George--GEORGE--really had to keep Burke from uglying up McDreamy's pretty little face? And best of all, Burke REALLY called George a "bitch" before storming off in a hissy fit?! I FREAKING LOVE IT. Just get out the rulers and measure, boys--it's a lot faster. Usually you hear about the catfights between women (cough, Desperate Housewives) so it delights me to no end to hear about a couple guys (OK, one guy) throwing ego tantrums. The girls on that set must be laughing their asses off.

* I'm turning into a complete product whore. Crest Whitestrips? Love them. They did make my teeth sensitive after a couple days, but I just do them once a day now instead of twice. So, of course, since now I have gleaming white teeth, I had to buy new lipstick so I could show them off. And then I decided my hair looked like crap, and it was all due to my cheapo blow dryer. So I got a new blow dryer, and shockingly, it WORKED! It only cost, like, 18 bucks at Walmart but is the best thing EVER. It takes five fewer minutes to dry my hair and it looks 10 times better. I'm sure no one but me notices, but L'Oreal tells me I'm worth it, so dammit, it counts. And THEN, since I was spending all this time skulking around the beauty department, I somehow managed to end up with a Revlon 12-hour eyeliner, which is only the SECOND-BEST THING EVER, behind the blow dryer. It really lasts all day. Which is a miracle.

I'm really not as superficial as I sound. Really. Really!

Oh, fine. I am.

10 Comments:

At 10:55 AM, Blogger TTQ said...

I hate real shoes too! But I live in Florida so I can wear sandals most of the year... for some reason my brain hasn't clicked that I don't wear real shoes , so why am I buying new ones?

 
At 11:04 AM, Blogger Trish Ryan said...

You ARE worth it, Swishy! Now give up the specs on what brand of blow dryer you found, cause I could use an extra five minutes in the morning!

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger Golightly said...

I'd pay to watch that (cock)fight! But nobody can mess with George! 'pick on someone your own size'--LOL!

I love it when I find a great product. I need to check out that Revlon eyeliner b/c that's always the one thing that cannot stay on the face all day long.

 
At 6:17 PM, Blogger reddragonsangel said...

OHHH new shoes- I too ama pisces and I n=know your pain- I met a lady that wore high heels to work EVERY DAY- and her hubby was all like- what do you normally wear-( we were out ,hubby and I-so I did have on heels and a dress) and I looked at him and smiled and said socks and slippers-LOL! Thanks gawd I am a stay at home mom! I hate breaking in shoes! Alo- YUM! new beauty products! One of my fave things to buy- I was just going over in myhead last night while trying to fall asleep- how can I talk hubby into giving me some loot so that I can buy some new makeup, some big velcro rollers- always wanted to try those- and the like- and grey's anatomy- you covered it all - my fave post of the day! All my fave things in one entry!! P.S.I am currently awaiting delivery on an incerdibly slutty and the price was so low I couldn't resist red boots for Halloween- packages- delivered to my door- and new shoes and haloween is an excuse to buy all kinds of make-up that I would never normally wear! YIPPEEEE

 
At 6:57 PM, Blogger Ramblin Rose said...

I too hate real shoes apparently crocs are supposed to be the most comfortable shoes ever.... I'm thinking since I hate shoes I might go get some even though they look ugly....

rr

 
At 9:49 PM, Blogger Karitown said...

I live where it's cold but I still go around in my bare feet or sandals a lot of the time. I hate shoes. And I don't blow dry my hair. Good God I can't imagine what it would look like if I did.

 
At 12:00 AM, Blogger Manic Mom said...

I am picking the scales on my feet right now.

And you are so not superficial!

OH! And Allee commented at Manic's! It made my day!

 
At 3:03 AM, Blogger Swishy said...

Blow dryer: Conair Ion Shine 1875. Use the high heat and just deep condition once a week for five extra minutes of BLISSFUL SLEEP!

My feet still hurt. I think I might have to use it to justify getting a pedicure even though it's freeeeeeezing out. (HA. Like I ever have to justify getting a pedicure.)

 
At 11:57 PM, Blogger TTQ said...

I've discovered that I get more scales when they go hard on the shaver thingy when I get my pedicure..my feet were so soft before the new girl started shaving the bottom of my feet..NO MORE!! She can massage, slap and pull the big toe hair..it's just one! I swear!

 
At 7:13 PM, Blogger Swishy said...

They pull your toe hair when you go get a pedicure?!? For real?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home