Waiting for My Real Life to Begin

The life and times of a girl named Swishy.

Saturday, October 21, 2006

I'm so entertained by entertainment

I feel bad I haven't posted in a few days. I've started to a bunch of times, but I didn't quite know what to say. It was a weird week--couldn't sleep, on edge, that kind of thing. It happens every few weeks or so, and this week was particularly crazy. Anyway, it's all good now, but yeah--crazy couple days.

OK, so not only has it been a crazy week in Swishyville, it's also been a very busy week in the world of pop culture. You KNOW how I love my pop culture, so here we go.

First up, the Project Runway finale. Would you believe I got teary during the runway shows? I totally did. I know--crazy, right? But, I mean, this was their DREAM--something they'd worked so hard for--and it was finally happening. Their friends and family were there and were so happy for them, and the whole thing just gave me goosebumps. It made me think about what it might feel like if some of the things I hope for happen someday.

Anyway, I liked Uli's collection the best, but I pretty much knew Jeffrey would win after I saw some of the pictures and reviews from Fashion Week. Oh, well. Michael is still my overall favorite. I had the reruns on while I was getting ready today, and he's talking about his dress, and he's all, "I even made a white girl look like she had some ass. That's DAMN sexy!" I have to love a guy who appreciates a curvy ass! LOVE HIM. Hated his collection, but love him.

**********

OK, so T.R. Knight came (or was pushed, depending on who's telling the story) out of the closet this week. I swear this was the highlight of my week, not because he's gay, but because it sheds more light on the whole Grey's Anatomy fight I'm so obsessed with. If the guy who plays Burke REALLY called him the f-word like people are saying he did, that is 10 kinds of shady. Like, BE NICE! That is not nice! He's an idiot, because that's probably the best job he's ever had, and now I would not be surprised one bit if he got written out of the show after spreading his homophobic cheer and going gangsta on McDreamy's pretty little neck. SEE YA, Burke. Don't let the door hit you on your ass on the way out.

**********

On another Grey's note: Derek, you freaking asshat. She broke up with Finn! And you say "Oh." OH! I mean, just LOOK at it: Oh. oh. oh. oh. oh. It's, like, not even a word. It's barely even a sound. Way to jump on an opportunity there, Mr. Genius Brain Surgeon. Gahhh, he kills me.

**********

Saw The Departed this weekend. Definitely, definitely not for everyone--lots of language and violence--but very good and a definite Oscar contender. The best movie I've seen this year, along with Little Miss Sunshine. I thought Leonardo DiCaprio was great. I always forget what a good actor he is. He absolutely killed Matt Damon when they were on screen together.

Seeing the movie also brought about the biggest "What is wrong with this picture?" moment of the weekend (so far):

Me: I never really thought Leonardo DiCaprio was THAT great-looking, but wow, he looked good in this movie. Better than Matt Damon, even.
Very heterosexual guy I saw it with: You didn't? He's, like, one of the prettiest men in Hollywood! He's totally good-looking! I've always thought he looked great.

Yeah. Think about that for a minute.

15 Comments:

At 1:20 AM, Blogger TTQ said...

My prediction again. Burke leaves and Preston becomes cheif.

 
At 1:27 AM, Blogger Swishy said...

Wait ... Preston IS Burke!

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger kim said...

I loved "Little Miss Sunshine".

And I love the word "asshat" -- never heard that one before -- it's a good one.

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger Beth said...

Here's my feelings on Leo....I totally don't "get"him, or what's so great about him.....then I saw him on good 'ole Oprah....the man is CHARMING!!!!! Not so good looking but could charm the pants off any woman...and probably has! He was oozing charm, I totally fell for him. I want to see that movie real bad.

I love a good shoot 'em up gansta movie!

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger TTQ said...

Then who's the cheif? i can't remember his name...

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger TTQ said...

Richard Webber. I don't think they have used his name since he quit visiting Alice..

My bad..

 
At 6:42 PM, Blogger Ramblin Rose said...

thanks for the grey update love it keep it coming.........


Hope you have a better week ....

rr

 
At 2:42 AM, Blogger Swishy said...

Beth, I have no doubt he could charm the pants off any woman ... any woman, that is, except me.

HA! Yeah, right. I am totally hot for him right now. I might be 10 years late, but I'm jumping on the Leo train anyway. He is sexxxxay!

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger Two Roads said...

Don't blame Derek for the "oh" comment. Blame the lame ass writers. I'm sure they are now going to start the tease all over again. And what do you think is going to go on with Mark and Addison (sorry RR I know you're a season behind)?

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger Trish Ryan said...

I teared up during the Project Runway finale too! It was just like what happens when I watch the Olympics - NBC shows all that footage about the athletes' crappy childhoods and all the obstacles they overcame with the help of their devoted parents/grandparents/significant parental figures.

"Their dreams..." gasp,reaching for a tissue... "they're all coming true!" And in my mental background, some awful song by Mariah Carey bleats on and on...

Glad to know I'm not alone!

 
At 1:07 PM, Blogger Swishy said...

TR, if they do that, I will be PISSED! I think last season was realistic, but, I mean, come on.

Mark and Addison ... I don't know! I still see Addison and Alex eventually hooking up, but I think Mark is kinda good for Addison right now. It's never bad to have a hot man in your bed when you're getting over a breakup. Even if he is a man slut.

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger Golightly said...

T.R. is gay? I'm so far behind in news.
And I can so see Burke being written off the show, once they really find out the truth about his hand or he realizes he cannot operate any more (b/c what will happen when Cristina is busy?). He'll get the boot.
I blame the writers for a lot of crap they are dishing out: Izzie not cashing a check, at least for the interest. At least.
yum yum Leo, I love how he is one of those actors that doesn't do a lot of movies b/c you never get sick of seeing him and when he acts, he ACTS.
Love him!

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger Two Roads said...

Mark is so a man slut. Sleeping with Callie. I mean that doesn't happen in real life does it? PULEEEEEEEZZZZZZZE. I'm okay with Burke leaving the show - Burke and Christina just don't have the sizzle like they did the first season. But I want them to keep Christina and find her a new interest. Some of her lines are the best!

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger Allison Winn Scotch said...

LOVED Little Miss Sunshine too. Funniest movie I've seen in a long time.

You know, it's so pathetic about Isaiah Washington. I hope they do boot his ass, if only because I can't watch the show now without fully hating him. What an idiot.

 
At 4:22 PM, Blogger Andie said...

i love the word asshat. one of my best friends uses it all the time.

I'm glad the term is nationwide!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home