Waiting for My Real Life to Begin

The life and times of a girl named Swishy.

Monday, October 23, 2006

Happy Monday

OK, I have two absolutely unimportant things to say first: One, I'm watching Six Feet Under reruns on Bravo, and hello, Peter Krause is hot. Two, I hate blow drying my hair, absolutely loathe it, but I have to do it and now I have a fantastic step-by-step guide to help me along, thanks to Ken Paves' tips on page 372 of the current In Style. He's the stylist who's practically an appendage on Jessica Simpson's body--he seriously never leaves her side. Check it out and we can pretend to have hot hair together.

All right, now that that's out of the way, on to the other stuff. The other day, I was talking to one of the very, very few people who know me as both Swishy and the girl I am in real life. I won't go into the whole conversation, other than to say it prompted this: What do you want to know about me? It's quite possible the answer is nothing, or rather, nothing ELSE. But if there's anything you're curious about, go ahead and ask. I won't answer EVERYTHING, but some stuff I will. Maybe.

Here's one thing: My favorite TV show is Grey's Anatomy. I don't think many people know that about me. Ha ha.

12 Comments:

At 8:41 AM, Blogger Trish said...

So, did you ever call that guy with the orange man purse for a date and how come we haven't had an update?

Or did I miss something?

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger Trish Ryan said...

Tell us about the Swishy family...siblings? pets? childhood incidents that made you into the woman you are today?

And YES - we want more on the guy with the man purse!

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger Beth said...

ditto the man with the purse.

1. are those your feet in the picture?

2. Are you named swishy from the Finding Nemo movie? "You will be my little swishy?"

3. What size shoe do you wear?

4. What actress would play you in a movie about your life?

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger Alyssa Goodnight said...

Oooh...good questions, Beth!

Would you respond to someone calling you Swishy in a social situation?

And what's this about a man purse--in orange?!

I'm going to have to find that In Style--I also do not like blow drying my hair--not one bit, but I've grown it out, and otherwise I look like a static electricity experiment...

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger Scribe LA said...

Peter Krause is supposed to be my secret :-) He's been on my radar since Sports Night. Yes, please.
Scribe

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger Jess Riley said...

I LOOOOOOVE Peter Krause. He was one of the key things that kept me coming back for every episode of SFU. (Well, that and the stellar writing.)

Hmmm...things to know about Swish. Yes, we want some embarrassing childhood stories! Also, updates on the book, writing, etc.

 
At 4:15 PM, Blogger Trish Ryan said...

I know the answer to Beth's question #4, so don't let Swishy fool you by saying something all modest. There is an actress who looks JUST like our Swishy (and now that she has the new hair dryer technique, I bet the resemblance is uncanny...)

 
At 12:57 AM, Blogger Swishy said...

Trish Ryan, you are my best friend! Even if you're crazy! :)

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger Andie said...

1. what's your favorite color?

2. If you could order ANYTHING for your last meal, what would it be?

3. Who's your #1 celebrity hook-up if given the opportunity?

4. Have you ever been to New Orleans?

5. Democrat or Republican?

(and I, too hate to blow dry my hair and think Peter Krause is a hottie and I watch SFU on Bravo as well!)

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger honeykbee said...

I, too, loathe drying my hair. But since it's a necessary evil, I found this conditioner that makes the task less daunting: Simply Organic hair and scalp something something (whatever-- it's conditioner). It's pricey, but worth it. And it lasts a long time. Hair dries in like no time. Precious morning moments saved!

This girly public service message brought to you by the I Detest Hairdrying Association of Blogspot (IDHAB)?

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger Swishy said...

SERIOUSLY?? I am TOTALLY gonna try it!

 
At 12:07 AM, Blogger Manic Mom said...

OK, I'm stumped... who else knows you as Swishy and the girl you are in real life??? I think I know who you're talking about. and I think it's not me?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home