Waiting for My Real Life to Begin

The life and times of a girl named Swishy.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Happy Halloween

I seriously don't have any really great Halloween stories. The biggest things I remember are being really damn cold a lot of the time and being the one who hung back with my baby brother while everyone else ran ahead. It also seemed to rain a lot. I don't remember very many of my costumes, either, although I do distinctly remember this one: When I was in fifth grade, our teachers made the entire grade dress up like California raisins for our school's Halloween parade. You remember those commercials, right? The "I Heard it Through the Grapevine" ones? We all had to wear dark sweats and a black garbage bag. My sweats were purple, and I sort of remember being slightly mortified.

Anyway, in the absence of really juicy Halloween stories, I'm gonna answer some of the questions you guys asked the other day.

1. Are those your feet in the picture? Yup! I always take a picture of my feet when I'm at the beach. Always, always. I absolutely loooooove going to the beach (yes, even though I can't swim), and there's something about feet in the sand/water that just captures that for me. I think I took this one in Monterey, Calif., last summer.

2. Are you named Swishy from the Finding Nemo movie? No! I didn't even realize Swishy was in Finding Nemo! One of my most favorite people in the world called me Swishy, because it sorta goes with my real name and also because I'd wear these pants that swished when I walked. (You know the kind I'm talking about!) At least I think that's why. Maybe it IS from Finding Nemo! I'll have to ask him.

3. What size shoe do you wear? Eight.

4. What actress would play you in a movie about your life? Like, who LOOKS like me, or who ACTS like me? I have no idea who looks like me, Trish Ryan's sweet compliments notwithstanding! Who acts like me ... CRAP! I don't know that one, either. This is a tough question. Can I pass and come back to it later?

5. Would you respond to someone calling you Swishy in a social situation? I totally would. Ask Manic Mom.

6. What's your favorite color? Green. My eyes are green; I think that's why. All shades, except lime green. Yuuuck.

7. If you could order ANYTHING for your last meal, what would it be? OK, I really love pasta--like penne pasta with chicken and shrimp, or linguine and lobster, or the thing I haven't eaten in years because it's so bad for me but love--fettucine alfredo. But last meal, I might have to go with steak and lobster, with yummy rolls and mashed potatoes and of COURSE dessert. Chocolate-covered Oreos or chocolate truffle cheesecake. Yummm.

8. Who's your No. 1 celebrity hook-up if given the opportunity? I always used to say that if you locked me in a closet for an hour with Tom Cruise, I would do all kinds of crazy things to him. But he's different now! I mean, I'm not gonna lie to you, I still wouldn't turn down closet time with him, but he's fallen off the Swishy radar a little. So ... let's see. I think we all know how I feel about McDreamy these days. Also, in character, Jack Bauer (24), Aidan Shaw (the short-haired, hot version on Sex and the City) and Jim from The Office. And, when I'm in the smart, sensitive mood, Mark Ruffalo and Zach Braff. Wait, was I supposed to pick just one? Ha ha.

9. Have you ever been to New Orleans? Nope, never. Is that an invitation? :)

10. Democrat or Republican? Honestly, I don't really strongly associate myself with either. I am a straight-down-the-middle kind of girl, and no, that is NOT a cop-out answer! It's the truth, I swear. Although I saw Cory Booker on Oprah the other day, and I love him now. I'll totally be his campaign manager when he runs for president someday. I don't even know his affiliation (I'm guessing Democrat, but I'm not sure) and I don't care.

OK, kids, your turn--pick a question and answer it in the comments!

21 Comments:

At 7:16 AM, Blogger Beth said...

Thanks for the anwers Swishy!

Now, my last meal? hmmm...pasta, of course, with lots of garlic, olive oil and parmesan, a big juicy steak and chocolate bread pudding for dessert. Oh and a salad, love me some salad.

Now, my hookup? well, Brad, of course! I used to feel the same way about Tom, but he is just a freak now, and not in a good way!

 
At 8:37 AM, Blogger Karitown said...

Hmmmm, this is kinda fun. I love the questions and the tag game because we get to find out some really cool stuff about each other.

Hmmmmm, when I was in high school, everyone thought I looked like the actress who starred in Flashdance, and then as an adult, I was told I look a little like John Travolta's wife, except with brown curly hair. I personally still think I look like Elvira the poodle;))

As far as my ultimate hook-up? There's no question for me, it has to be Matthew McConaughey!!!!!

 
At 12:03 PM, Blogger Jess Riley said...

I just saw the most amazing recipe for three-cheese penne pasta on Ina Garten's show; great, now I'm hungry.

My ultimate hook-up? Cillian Murphy. Hands-down. Even when he was cross-dressing in "Breakfast on Pluto."

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger Bina said...

I just love Mark Ruffalo and thought it was just me! Something about him seems romantic, funny, caring, lovable, kissable lips. Hmmmm, yea. Now I have to go look at a picture of him.

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger Bina said...

Oh, my last meal. That is hardest thing to have to choose. I love all food and eat depending on my mood. My tummy will tell me what I want and hey, I just listen!

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger Trish Ryan said...

"Would I respond to someone calling you Swishy in a social situation?"

Hmmm...probably not :)

But I might say, "Wait! Swishy's here in Cambridge and didn't tell me???"

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger Trish said...

If I had cute feet like yours I would take pictures of them too :-)

 
At 6:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Mark Ruffalo is adorable...and Rob Morrow too.

As to my last meal, I couldn't say. Whatever it would be, I wouldn't be able to enjoy it. I'd have been thinking...darn it, I should have had xxx...over and over.

 
At 7:13 PM, Blogger Golightly said...

Great post!

Who's your No. 1 celebrity hook-up if given the opportunity?
GEORGE CLOONEY

I don't think he'd survive it. I'm just saying, I'd go to town and pull out all the fancy moves. hee hee

 
At 8:45 PM, Blogger Sara Hantz said...

Last meal........ chilli and chips with apple crumble and chocolate icecream.

In fact any meal with chips (that's the hot ones), I'm a total potato addict.

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger Swishy said...

OK, Brad Pitt, Matthew McConaughey, Cillian Murphy, Rob Morrow, GEORGE CLOONEY ... how can you go wrong with any of them?!?

Trish Ryan, I KNEW someone would do that! ha ha.

Trish, you are so cute. Thank you!

And Golightly, my laugh-out-loud winner of the day: "I don't think he'd survive it." HA HA HA.

 
At 10:13 PM, Blogger TTQ said...

Yikes, I wanted to leave a comment on just about everything you wrote. Things we had in common and things we were total opposite on,
but that's why I have MY OWN blog...So i can ramble there!

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger Jen-t said...

Nice feet. My are too big, size ten, and I don't ever take their picture. It's scary.

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger TTQ said...

TAG!!! Again! Topic is on my page

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger Allison Winn Scotch said...

Swish-
SO funny, I was thinking of doing a blog on celebrity crushes. Right now, my number one is John Krasinski...which is so weird because really, he's totally not my type physically at all. I have no explanation as to why I have such love for him. Past celeb crushes (and dream hook-ups) have included: Scott Speedman, Michael Vartan, and yes, of course, Dempsey.

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger Scribe LA said...

Mark Ruffalo... um, yes and yes. Good call swishy! Fun Q and A. Last meal is such a hard question. Um, how about a little bit of all my favorite foods and foods I don't eat often cause they aren't on the hot list of foods hot people ever eat. Have you ever had frosting from a can? Gross and perfect at the same time. I think my last meal would involve some of that some how. And filet mignon, too. Of course, that would just be getting started...
Scribe

 
At 11:49 PM, Blogger kim said...

If he would be straight for a day, just for me, Nate -- where did you get those eyes -- Berkus.

 
At 11:56 PM, Blogger kim said...

...could you imagine the pillow talk?
I mean, sex AND decorating tips...

I need a cold shower.

 
At 12:06 AM, Blogger Manic Mom said...

Okay...
1. I didn't know they were your feet!

2. I don't remember a character named Swishy the fishy in Nemo? Who folks, please tell!

3. 9-1/2 or 10

4. I know you but I still don't know who I'd choose for you.

5. Hey! You linked me. I do call you Swishy! I love you Swishy!

6. Your eyes ARE beautiful! If I was gay, I'd stare into them all the time. If I were gay, you and I would so be lesbians together, right, huh? Please?

7. I would share that meal, but add Alaskan King Crab legs with butter too, okay?

8. I bet you Tom Cruise has the smallest penis in the world. I bet it's yucky.

9. Me neither about New Orleans!

10. I don't even know if our President is democratic or republican... Oh, I think maybe republican, and was Clinton Demo cuz he fooled around with Monica!

Hey, this is fun. I think I might have to do an Ask Manic post!

 
At 12:54 AM, Blogger Swishy said...

I caught a little bit of Alias on TNT last night and TOTALLY was reminded of my old Michael Vartan crush. He's so cute.

Frosting in a can! Yummmmy.

I met Nate Berkus! His eyes were unbelievably gorgeous up close. They're incredible.

And speaking of eyes, I LOVE YOU, MANIC!!! You are my total BBFF. We can totally add crab legs--I love 'em. And I bet you're right about Tom's little Tommy. SAD!!!! I'm guessing John Corbett's probably the best off in that department out of my list. I WANT TO FIND OUT!!!

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger Andie said...

I wear a size 8 as well!

My favorite color is blue! :)

My final meal would be a big bowl of gumbo with a side of boudin and bread pudding with whiskey sauce for dessert. (is that a giveaway of where I'm from?)

Actress who would play me... hmmm I'd like Reese Witherspoon... don't know how it would work though, being that I'm prob. a foot taller than she is!

Liberal Republican (i know, an oxymoron) LOL

And yes! it is an invitation to visit. Lord knows New Orleans needs all the help it can get. :)

My all time celebrity crush....
RYAN REYNOLDS. YUM.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home