Waiting for My Real Life to Begin

The life and times of a girl named Swishy.

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Antsy, schmantsy

I've been totally antsy the past couple of days. Antsy, antsy, antsy. The past two nights, I've been up until 3 a.m. THREE! That would be fine if I were a lady of luxury and could lounge in my 300-thread-count sheets until noon. Not so fine, however, when I have to traipse into work in the morning. I'm actually not that tired, because I'm too freaking ANTSY to be tired, but, I mean, going to sleep at 3 a.m. seems a bit overboard. I'm pretty sure I know what's causing it. It's one of those things I have no control over, which is probably why I get antsy; I just have to ride it out. And try to sleep in on the weekend!

So last night I really did try hard to go to sleep. I laid in bed from like 12:30 to 1:30, but my head was just too busy. So I turned on the TV and watched the 1:30 a.m repeat of Oprah. It was a road trip one, so it was totally funny, but the most notable part was that Oprah actually told everyone how much she weighed! She told, like, 10 million people around the world that she'd reached her goal weight of 154 pounds. TEN MILLION PEOPLE! I think one person in the entire world knows how much I weigh, and that's only because he guessed right and I'm completely transparent, so I couldn't deny it. That same guy doesn't believe Oprah was telling the truth, but I believe it. I mean, why say the number in the first place otherwise? (I've been to her show, and I'm pretty sure she's about 5-7, just for those keeping score at home.)

I love that she gave the actual number (I'm like, hmmm ... I'M 5-7, and I weigh THIS, so ...), but I would never reveal my weight on national TV. EVER! I thought about that tonight when I was at the gym, because I even cover up the display when I enter my weight on the elliptical. I TOTALLY cover it up. If someone's looking over, I will wait until they look away and STILL cover it up. (That doesn't mean I'm not one of those nosy people, though. If you get on the machine next to me, I will absolutely try to see how old you are and how much you weigh. I will also periodically glance over to see if you're going faster than me or if you've burned more calories, because in addition to being nosy I'm also competitive.)

You know what's weird? I actually enter a little bit higher number than what I actually weigh (seven pounds, to be exact). That's the weight I started out at, and I don't know why I keep entering it in. I guess I get a little more credit for calories burned, but I think it has more to do with habit than anything. I am SUCH a habit girl.

Anyway. You think Project Runway cures ants in the pants? I'm about to find out. (Of course Michael won't win. But I'm gonna cheer for him anyway!)

10 Comments:

At 6:31 AM, Blogger Trish said...

antsy-schmantsy? I think I got the same thing over here, sisterfriend.

Hang in there...weekend's around the corner :-)

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger Golightly said...

I'm so upset Jeffrey won...oh, well.
Oprah did what?!!? The day I miss it and she announces her weight...dang. 154? Huh, I thought it would be more especially after all that junk food eating during the road trip. I don't even know how much I weigh.

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger Trish Ryan said...

I'm headed out on a road trip soon, but I don't think I'll be announcing my weight to anyone. (You know, because there will be so many people between Massachusetts and Western NY hoping to hear me tell all as I say, "Sure - super size it!" when I order my fries and filet-o-fish at the rest stop McDonalds...)

 
At 4:03 PM, Blogger kim said...

You just reminded me that I have the Project Runway finale sitting on the tivo -- un-viewed! I gotta go.

I wigh the same as Oprah, but two months ago it was ten pounds less -- I gotta yank that sweet tooth!

 
At 6:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't sleep lately either. Weird.

TOTALLY with you on the nosy thing. I had to go to court not long ago, and was getting pissed at people for talking because I couldn't hear the other person's charges.

Here's to Nosy-ness!

 
At 8:09 AM, Blogger Jen-t said...

Its not that I can't sleep, I dont have time to sleep. With a husband who travels, a part-time job, three kids who play travel hockey, well, I'm lucky to hit the bed by midnight. I get up at 5:30 everyday because the first bus comes at 6:30. Sleep in on weekends? Hell, one kid has a 7am practic this saturday, one has a 7:15am game and the third one has to get in the car with her dad and drive to Hamilton Canada to play in a freaking hockey tournament. Sigh, why couldn't they have picked a less demanding sport?

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger Beth said...

Must be something going around...I can't sleep either! Well, that's not entirely true...last night I went to bed at 7pm and got up at 7am!!! I feel like a new person. ahhh, sleep, glorious sleep.

I wanted Michael to win too, but I really didn't like his collection.

 
At 3:34 AM, Blogger Sara Hantz said...

In my gym going days (got over that.... phew) I used to try and peer at what others were entering... trouble was it was in Kgs and I'm a stones and pounds gal... so then I'd have to stand there trying to times the number by 2.2 and divide by 14 so I'd know what it really was.... and I wouldn't rest until I'd done it.

And if you want to know what I weigh.... peer over my shoulder first thing tomorrow morning when I'm in the bathroom.

My whole life I've had sleeping problems. I never sleep right through the night... ever.... ever... In fact 6 hours sleep in totasl is good for me.

 
At 2:05 AM, Blogger Swishy said...

OK, I just have to add that Tyra Banks announced her weight on TV this week, too. Guesses?

155 pounds.

 
At 12:49 AM, Blogger Whit said...

man, those girls are phat

 

Post a Comment

<< Home