Waiting for My Real Life to Begin

The life and times of a girl named Swishy.

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Pick one, any one

A huge mess of random:

* Last night was FINALLY our first night of softball (after the first three weeks were canceled for a variety of stupid reasons). We won both games, and Swishy got some hits and scored some runs, but of course you know it's never that simple. For one thing, I got stuck in ridiculous traffic and missed the first couple of innings. For another, a couple of the guys on the team are ... how to say it ... FREAKS. I'm not sure how much will be funny if you don't know these people, but some people at work are like, "Swishy, you HAVE to write a game recap and it email it around!!" so maybe if I do that, I'll post some of it here. Suffice it to say one guy in particular has high hopes that this whole coed softball thing will get him some action with the ladies, and is doing everything possible to try to make that happen. Not sure how that's going to work out for him.

* After two hours of softball, I went and played an hour and a half of basketball with the surgeon girls. HOLY CRAP, I'm feeling it today. Every muscle in my body hurts. My back, especially, is JACKED UP. I felt like a 90-year-old woman every time I got in and out of my chair at work. It was fun, but I think one of the girls, a non-surgeon girl who played in college, was getting mad at me because I wasn't setting picks when she wanted me to. But I mean, whatever. It ain't the damn WNBA. I still had fun.

* Not to sound obsessed with my teeth (seriously), but has anyone ever tried Crest Whitestrips? For some reason, I feel like they'll work that much better right after getting my teeth cleaned, so I want to use them now, but I'm a little scared. I know your teeth get a little sensitive for a few days, but I don't want, like, the enamel to get messed up! Because not like I NEED them, I just want to see what they'll look like. My friend's dad who's a dentist says it's fine, but I'm paranoid. The box has been sitting in my car for two days. I'm sure the fluctuation in temperature is awesome for them.

* This is a very bad thing. I realized the other day that you can watch about a half-dozen of ABC's shows (including one show in particular!) for free online after they air. I think you can actually do that with some of NBC's shows, too (Studio 60, for sure), but I'm not even going there. I'll never get any work done again. It's bad enough I know about ABC.

* I realize I probably shouldn't be surprised by this, but Anna Nicole Smith's lawyer is the father of her baby?!? I was appropriately scandalized when I saw that this morning. It was sort of obvious he was in love with her, so good for him. I guess. Whatever. I can't really get into the whole Anna Nicole thing otherwise.

* I really love how Heidi Klum says Nina Garcia's name. I seriously walk around trying to imitate it every time I hear it.

11 Comments:

At 11:36 AM, Blogger Trish Ryan said...

Crest Whitestrips are great...when I remember to use them that is. Car storage not recommended, from what I remember from the package insert :)

NeeeNa GAHceeeA...what's not to love?

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger Trish said...

I am curious about the whitstrips too...never tried them but would like to know.

Anna Nichole Smith? Omg that woman is a fem-bot. If I were a man I would be too intimidated by her freakishness to go near her...or maybe some men like their women like that **rolling eyes**. Obviously her lawyer does.

And his name is Howard Stern. How funny is that?

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger TTQ said...

I used white strips before my wedding..they were called something else though.., and they do indeed work (i'm a closet smoker and coffee drinker). My husband was like your teeth are "totally" whiter! Now it's a regular thing I do..My mom paid well over $1,000.00 for her pearly whites..me I've spent maybe $150? And I have back-ups in the closet.

 
At 7:09 PM, Blogger Karitown said...

I used them once. I think I need to use them again, though. Thanks for the reminder.

 
At 10:19 PM, Blogger Beth said...

Neena Garceea...I love how she says it!!

I have tried tthe strips and they do work but your teeth get real sensitive...and you have to use them for a while before you see any change. I really want to try that Zoom whitening but it is $$$$$!

 
At 10:52 PM, Blogger Manic Mom said...

Hey Swisher. Your teeth are already B.U.T-FUL. & U.R.A.GR8.K.SIR. or so I hear.

hahahahahahhahaa

 
At 11:39 PM, Blogger Swishy said...

Ha ha ha ha :)

OK ... I might try them this weekend. I'll let you all know how it goes!

 
At 12:54 AM, Blogger Alyssa Goodnight said...

My legs felt wobbly yesterday after about 30 minutes of biking and 10 child-like minutes in a moonwalk. I shudder to think what might happen if I were to exert myself for longer...

But kudos to you!

 
At 9:56 AM, Blogger Golightly said...

Neeee-nA Ga-Cee-A
I fall in love with Heidi at each show.

I had no idea about ABC replying the shows for free...thanks!

Dang! How were you able to walk around after all that exercise? Go, Swishy!

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger Allison Winn Scotch said...

My husband used Crest Whitestrips and said that they worked but made his teeth/gums really uncomfortable. He's thinking of getting them whitened professionally now...and when I'm no longer prego, I think I'll do the same.

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger Andie said...

every time I try to use Crest Whitestrips, they make me drool. and I'm paranoid that if I swallow the spit, there is some chemical that will react, so I find myself spitting constantly.

But they do work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home