Waiting for My Real Life to Begin

The life and times of a girl named Swishy.

Thursday, September 07, 2006

NOT the cure for insomnia

I've become totally addicted to YouTube the past week or two. Most people go to YouTube because they want to watch funny clips of people doing random stuff, like lighting their farts on fire. Or to watch 95-year-old white men in nursing homes rapping for the camera. Or just because they're 21 and generally much cooler than I am.

I go to YouTube because ... oh, please. Like you can't guess. Because it's the bridge between me and the new TV season, that's why. And if that makes me pathetic, well, then, GUILTY. Because being pathetic is a small price to pay to watch an extended version of that cute Jim and Pam commercial they showed during the Emmys.



Or to watch an array of about a million Grey's Anatomy clips from the past two seasons. Most of them, to be honest, are way too cheesy and ridiculous even for me. Like one put together clips of EVERY SINGLE crying scene from the second season. And not in a funny way, either. In a very earnest, set-to-overwrought-music way. But they're still kind of fun to watch. And I looove me some Derek and Meredith sexual tension.

Many of the YouTube clips are set to music, which I hate because I like to HEAR the dialogue and not just watch their lips move while Jewel warbles in the background, but this Grey's one is cute (albeit infinitely more cute if you know the scenes already). My big thing about Patrick Dempsey are his LOOKS. I am OBSESSED with the looks he gives Meredith. (Seriously--after one episode last season, my friend Jill emailed me and was like, "DID YOU SEE THE WAY HE LOOKED AT HER?!?!" And, literally, I squealed at the computer screen because I knew EXACTLY what she was talking about.) McDreamy's all about the looks. And the music helps to spotlight his looks rather nicely in this one.



I could watch the last part of this over and over again. Oh, wait--I have.

12 Comments:

At 4:56 PM, Blogger Trish Ryan said...

Noooooooooooo!!!
I cannot fit another means of procrastination into my day! If I get started on YouTube my dog might never get fed or walked again...

 
At 6:50 PM, Blogger Hotwire said...

the office - roy is a prick.

G.A - first of all, i like a nice 'say anything' reference, and secondly, not to sound like a chick, but his line about the kiss being 'kinda like a habit' was pretty good.

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger Boo7 said...

Are you serious Swishy?? Another addiction for me to feed?? eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeks!!!!! Hold me backkkkkkkkkkkkkk don't get me started!!!

Hey will this help me with my celebrity gossip imaired'ness??????

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger Beth said...

YouTube? I have to find out what that is!

Are you trying to get me addicted?

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger Ramblin Rose said...

You tube is tooo addictive I try to stay far far away from it......


RR

 
At 10:31 PM, Blogger LZ Blogger said...

Ah... I like Grey's Anatomy! ~ jb///

 
At 12:40 AM, Blogger Golightly said...

me, too I'm all about youtube just for the replays of TV events...how sad are we?

And yes it is all about McDreamy's looks---they make my heart smile and sigh at the same time. I'm probably still single b/c I'm looking for some guy to look at me like that. Aw.

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger Scribe LA said...

Hey Swishy,
Great find. Thanks for posting this video. McDreamy is just so unassumingly cute! It must be tv, though, as it could only be a dream, choosing between Patrick and Chris. Um, where can I get in line for that love triangle?
Yes, Patrick gives great looks, doesn't he? I used to work out at the same gym, he'd always smile and just be like a normal person, but this was just pre-Grey's, in that phase where people still thought of him as the cutie in Can't Buy Me Love. I think he's finally become a hottie adult, which to me just makes him even more attractive.
Oh my...
Scribe
YouTube is great time suckage. I love finding trailer and scenes to movies I love. Then I can just click on them when I need a smile or a laugh.

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger Ramblin Rose said...

Okay Swishy I'm totally hooked I've come back to your blog several times to see the office thing and Mc Dreamy,....

I need serious help.... I will not got to you tube... I will not go to you tube.... otherwise I'll be there all damn day!!

RR

ps... Youll have to fill me in on the new season of grey's I dont think I can wait for it to appear next year here ...

 
At 8:59 AM, Blogger TTQ said...

I do have a site for little "hobby", it's been up for awhile now! Go here

Diva's on a Diet

 
At 9:10 PM, Blogger Allison Winn Scotch said...

Swishy-I assume that you've watched the The Fray 4 minute video for Grey's that's up on YouTube? My best friend and I watched it over and over (while on the phone with each other), then proceeded to tell our husbands to deal with our children while we watched other swoon-worthy fan vids.

Only one and a half more weeks!

 
At 3:30 AM, Blogger Swishy said...

YES, I have watched it! I'm trying to figure out what it all means--I read on TWoP something about a car crash being in it, which I TOTALLY missed. So you know what that means ... got to watch it some more :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home