Waiting for My Real Life to Begin

The life and times of a girl named Swishy.

Friday, September 22, 2006

Just indulge me here

Yes, there are lots of other things going on in my life besides Grey's Anatomy, but none is quite as important at this very moment, as I watch THE SCENE for, like, the thousandth time.

The scene. The one where (STOP READING IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW!!) Derek tells Meredith he's in love with her. I CANNOT believe he told her he was in love with her. I seriously can't. And my Meredith, her eyes just filled with tears and she couldn't talk, because she's had the worst year of her entire life and she's finally hearing what she wanted to hear and it's almost like she just can't believe it. Of course, it's not that simple, because nothing ever is with them. It'll never be nice and neat. Ever. But he loves her and wants to be with her, and that's big. Is he good for her? That's another story ...

I loved the entire episode. Totally exceeded my expectations. I mean, I just LOVED it. The flashbacks were great--who knew Burke was so frosty when he first met Cristina? And Olivia leaving with Alex! And, of course, my favorite: when Derek and Meredith met. "I have no story. I'm just a girl in a bar," she says, and he smiles that sexy, McDreamy smile: "Well, I'm just a guy in a bar."

Oh, it's hard to be mad at him when they're so cute together. Trust me, I'm plenty mad at him (how CONVENIENT, McPrick, that you decide you can't live without her AS SOON AS SHE MEETS SOMEONE ELSE!) But they just have such chemistry together. And, I mean, he LOVES her!

It's so sick and wrong how invested I am in this show. I hope it never sucks and goes off the air. I don't know how I would ever cope, since I clearly live through these characters.

All right--tomorrow, new, non-Grey's topic. But for tonight ... I mean, wow.

7 Comments:

At 7:50 AM, Blogger Karitown said...

I can so relate, Swishy. I watched it last night and loved it too. Then I watched six degrees. That was really good too. And next week starts that ugly betty show at 8. Thursdays wshould be an awesome night. Except then I have to tape survivor. Yes, I watch way to much TV, but that's my outlet at night. After the kids go to bed, I'm too fried to write. I just want to be in zombie mode and let someone else entertain me.

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger Trish said...

omg...you remind me of ME ten years ago when it was all about ER.

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger mama kay said...

I didn't want to read it .. because I have only watched bits and pieces .. but I had to and I am soo glad that he said it. Finally.
Now I will be counting on you for recaps ..
I was this way with Friends .. which is the reason that I got rid of cable television - we are watching Pinnochio right now ... weeeeeee!

 
At 5:17 PM, Blogger Save Sheila said...

Now I have to either tape CSI and watch Grey's or the other way around. Last night I watch CSI, today I watched Grey's. Both were awesome!

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger Ramblin Rose said...

OMG!!!! I'm dying bring the new season here now AUSTRALIA!!!! omfg!!! OmFG!!!!!!! I hope she goes for it screw the other dude!!!

RR

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger TTQ said...

I watched it again last night, why? In case I had dozed in front of the TV the first airing.. I liked seeing Addison crying in the rain, she was just so desperate.. It was like real...Cali is starting to grow on me too, I liked her comments on how they were all just learning how to live, emotionally they are all stunted at 17...I can relate (not cause I'm a Dr)..just very poignant

 
At 3:11 AM, Blogger Swishy said...

I've seriously watched it a bazillion times since Thursday. (Well, not the whole thing. But parts.) I feel like no one understands Derek and Meredith like I do :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home