Waiting for My Real Life to Begin

The life and times of a girl named Swishy.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Hot damn

A certain DVD comes out today, and I bet you can guess which one!

Of course, I was going to buy this DVD at some point. But I have most of the episodes on tape, and I've been watching the reruns all summer, so I was like, OK, if I don't go get it the SECOND it goes on sale, it's OK. I'll get it later in the week. Or this weekend. Or whatever.

That was before I peeked in on Television Without Pity yesterday. For the uninformed, TWoP is HILARIOUS. They have the funniest episode recaps, and message boards full of clever, witty people with clever, witty things to say. I try not to go there TOO, too much, otherwise I'd never get anything done, but I dropped in yesterday for a 10 days-and-counting fix.

And this is what I see:

"Greetings to all my fellow members in the PD Thrust Lovers Support Group."

"They couldn't POSSIBLY have thought they'd be able to get that thrusting on the air, could they have? Shonda (Rhimes, the creator) totally just wanted them to do it for her own personal home collection. She's such a dirty bird. And so am I, so thank you Shonda!"

"Is it totally wrong to have just watched it literally 15 times in a row?"

"They should package this with condoms."

And my favorite, because it's ALL ABOUT THE LOOKS: "He can stare off her dress."

Apparently an extended, DVD-only version of the Meredith-McDreamy sex scene made it out a little early. I watched it on your favorite and mine, YouTube, and oh, yes, there is thrusting aplenty. (It's not, like, DIRTY--I mean, they ARE clothed--but it IS hot. Hot enough that I totally felt like a pervert for watching it in a coffee shop where there were impressionable children nearby.)

So you know I had to go out and get the DVD today. It's sitting on my desk right this very second, and it's taking every ounce of willpower not to slide it in my computer and start watching.

I'm such a geek.

11 Comments:

At 5:03 PM, Blogger Trish Ryan said...

I LOVE Television Without Pity! Although it sounds like I should stay off a certain You Tube scene here at work - thanks for the warning :)

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger Ramblin Rose said...

I'm heading to you tube now just to watch the scene!!

And hey I've got hubs addicted to Greys to!! Thats a small feat considering he usually only loves reality tV!

RR

 
At 6:50 PM, Blogger Manic Mom said...

Hey, heard you had a GREAT day at work today!

 
At 6:50 PM, Blogger T-girl said...

Ok, I just watched it! LOL YUMMY! Question though? Was all that talk at the end in the Finale? I don't remember her walking in on them and I don't remember her looking for her panties or his "what does this mean?"

I kinda wonder about something but I guess I am just going to have to wait a few more weeks to find out! LMAO I LOVE this show, I SO can not wait for it!

Great Blog btw, anything with GA up top is my new fav... I just love that show! LOL

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger T-girl said...

BTW have you seen the season preview? They moved it to Thursdays also! :( THANK GOD I Tivo it- my hubby hates this show! LMAO

 
At 7:22 PM, Blogger Golightly said...

glad to know that I am not the only one with recorded stuff on 'tape'

love TWOP!

 
At 7:32 PM, Blogger Boo7 said...

I have been wanting to watch Grey's Anatomy for eons now...it looks like an awesome show!! But I wanted to see season 1 first so I bought the DVD of that.....but have not gotten to watch it yet.....**runs and hides from swishy**!!! Good to know season 2 is out now...I will have to get that too.....:)

Hey Swishy you celebrity gossip diva you.......do you know what ever happened to the show Judging Amy?? I loved that show and one day poof it was no more!!!!

 
At 11:23 PM, Blogger Swishy said...

Boo, you will LOVE IT! The first season is cute, cute, cute. The second season is a little more angsty ... but VERY realistic.

And Golightly, I totally was like, "I will sound like such a loser if I admit I don't have TiVo" ... glad to know I'm not the only one :)

MM ... HA HA HA HA HA.

OK, and finally, to watch the scene go to YouTube and put in "Mer Der uncut exam room scene." I would post it, but it's been marked as ... um ... ADULT CONTENT! HA! (OK, now that totally makes me sound like a perv. But I SWEAR it's not that dirty!!! It's not!)

 
At 11:35 PM, Blogger Karitown said...

I love TV. At night when the kids are to bed, it's my way of unwinding. Can't think worth a damn to do any serious writing. Write during the day, then turn into a zombie at night. I'm addicted to reality TV.

 
At 9:18 PM, Blogger mama kay said...

Oh.. I had to head to YouTube! I have admit, since I dont have cable .. I love checking out all of the shows I know I would be addicted to if I could actually watch them all the time.

 
At 5:20 PM, Blogger Andie said...

I bought the season 2 set on last tuesday as well, and I haven't had a chance to watch it, but now I'm going to have to! Thanks! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home