Waiting for My Real Life to Begin

The life and times of a girl named Swishy.

Monday, July 31, 2006

Swishy's a freaking insomniac

Seriously. And as someone who loves her sleep, it's pissing me OFF!

I'm a big-time night owl. I'm usually up until 1 most nights. All of last week, though, I just could not get to sleep, so I was up until at least 2.

So of course by the time the weekend hit, I was dying. DY-ING. Sooo tired. I came home last night from work and usually it takes me a little bit to unwind, but I was passed out on the couch by 12:30 (like, a half hour after I got home). I do that sometimes when I don't have to work the next morning, fall asleep on the couch, and I always wake up a few hours later, stumble into bed and go back to sleep.

So at 5:13, I wake up. I get some water, I go into bed, I curl up with the pillows and ... nothing. NOTHING! I CANNOT FREAKING GET BACK TO SLEEP! And it's now 6:36. I realize that many people are starting their days at 6:36 a.m., but I am NOT one of those people! It's like I am biologically incapable of sleeping more than five hours anymore.

It's so annoying.

So I'm watching VH1. The great thing about watching VH1 between, oh, about 2 and 8 a.m. is that they actually play videos. The bad thing is that they think no one on the planet is actually WATCHING, so they play the same videos over and over. In the space of an hour, I've seen the new Five for Fighting video twice. Christina Aguilera just came on for the second time. And I saw Justin Timberlake's new video twice, but technically I cheated--I switched over to MTV during commercial.

Speaking of Justin: No, you are NOT bringing the sexy back, Justin. The sexy did not take a hiatus while you were busy recording your new album. Good video. Bad song. This is no "Cry Me a River." I'll listen to that whiny Nick Lachey song in the car before I listen to this song.

The Fray's on for the second time now. I like this song a lot--"Over My Head"--but I like "How to Save a Life" better, I think. They played it on Grey's Anatomy. And I think we all know how I feel about Grey's Anatomy.

Rihanna. Well, at least we have a new video. Did you know that SOS means someone help me? That's what she's telling me. I have no strong feelings one way or the other on Rihanna. She's catering to a demographic wayyyy younger than me. Basically, she's a cheap Beyonce knockoff.

Ooooohh, goody! Snow Patrol! This is the song that played during the last scene of the Grey's Anatomy finale and the one they use in all the promos at the end of the repeat episodes. The part where McDreamy's all, "Meredith?" and Finn's all, "Meredith?" and she looks all glassy-eyed at both of them. I read last night that McDreamy and Meredith might get back together by the third episode of the new season. I don't really believe it. They might have sex again by then, though. Hopefully in a bed this time.

No, no, no. It's Jewel. I can't do Jewel and her messed-up teeth and her nasally voice. This looks like the gayest video ever, too. (And yes, I can say that. Details magazine--the gayest "straight" magazine ever--says I can say something is gay if it really is gay. Like, "That pink polo shirt is sooo gay." So this video? This video is gay.)

But yeah. Jewel? Jewel I can't do.

I'm going back to sleep. Maybe.

6 Comments:

At 4:28 PM, Blogger Allison Winn Scotch said...

Swish-You've said it before, and I'll reiterate: you're like my long lost blogging twin! Totally agree on the Fray, on JT (blech..SEXY? I think not!), Snow Patrol, McDreamy...though I'll cop to liking Jewel's "Hands," though for the life of me, I have no idea why.

-AWS

 
At 7:10 PM, Blogger Beth said...

I always wondered why Jewel never got those god-awful teeth fixed!! Look in the yellow pages jewel...you might find a deal!

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger Andie said...

I hate jewel's teeth too.

I actually like the beat of the new JT song, (good for working out, etc) however, the first time I heard it, I though it was a woman singing!

 
At 1:44 AM, Blogger Manic Mom said...

I can't sleep either. this sucks.

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger Swishy said...

I STILL can't sleep! I'm in a daze until exactly noon, and then BOOM--awake. It suuuuucks.

And OK, fine, I'll admit it--I used to like the Jewel song "Near You Always" and still have it on my iTunes. And "Standing Still." Doh.

 
At 11:49 PM, Blogger Manic Mom said...

Dude, if you have such troubles sleeping, the least you can do is blog more since you're awake!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home