Waiting for My Real Life to Begin

The life and times of a girl named Swishy.

Monday, July 17, 2006

Stalkerazzi

So, I'm hanging out at my favorite coffee shop, doing a little emailing, a little people-watching and a little revision procrastinating. I take a swig of Dr Pepper, look around, and--OH MY GOSH, THAT GUY TOTALLY LOOKS LIKE ALEX KAREV!

You know. Alex. From Grey's Anatomy. Now, I KNOW this isn't really Alex Karev, but seriously? He looks JUST LIKE HIM.

I just happen to carry my digital camera with me almost everywhere. Because you never know when you might see a guy who looks like Alex Karev! So I decide to take a picture of him, just to prove it.

Only problem? He's sitting behind me. And the coffee shop isn't exactly crowded. So I have to be creative. I flip the camera around, hold it sorta over my shoulder, positioned at a level I think might work, and press the button.



Oops. Too high. I try again.



Ummm ... yeah. I'm the worst fake celebrity stalker EVER! And that second career as a private investigator? Over before it started. I decide to give it one last try.



Oh, baby, I am SO money! It's not the greatest picture ever, but you can tell, right? Right???

OK, so you can't. But I tried!

I keep turning around and staring at him. He is getting SO freaked out.

9 Comments:

At 8:33 PM, Blogger Beth said...

He does SORTA look like him....if you close one eye! It's kinda hard to top Alex!

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger Trish said...

Girl...you are too funny!

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger Andie said...

you are too funny. it does sort of look like him. too bad I can't really see his face, since his cup is in the way.

 
At 6:18 PM, Blogger Jess Riley said...

Ha! Love the butt shot. When you become a famous author he'll contact you asking for royalties for publication of that butt shot. ;)

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger Manic Mom said...

Uh, interesting. I sorta remember a guy in Deerfield using HIS cell phone camera to take some photos of somebody's bootie!

Remember? hahahahahah

URAGOODKISSER.

 
At 11:12 PM, Anonymous Eileen said...

Swish- I love the blog. DO you mind if I link to you?

 
At 11:35 PM, Blogger mama kay said...

Absolutely too damn funny!
Maybe there are stalker lessons that you can take somewhere. Maybe ask you bro, Ashton, I bet he knows a thing or two ..

 
At 12:09 AM, Blogger Swishy said...

Really, really, really! He did look like Alex! It's a good thing he wasn't a McDreamy lookalike, though, or I'd be writing about how I got banned for life from my favorite coffee shop.

MM, I TOTALLY forgot that guy did that!! Jess, we told you that story, right? I wonder if he still has them on his phone! HA!

Eileen, I would be totally flattered if you linked to me! Thank you! I need to do some link updating myself.

And as for stalking lessons ... oh, boy, the stories I could tell! Lessons would make me VERY dangerous :)

 
At 12:15 AM, Blogger Bugwit Homilies said...

Last month, I was in a small town in Germany and the wife and I were having dinner when a guy who looked just like Rick Springfield sat down.

I slyly took a few pics of the the wife, being carefull to get 'Rick' in the shot.

She thought I was crazy and said that Rick Springfield would never be in the middle of nowhere in Germany.

The next day, we met the bass player from Iron Maiden.

So ya never know!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home