Waiting for My Real Life to Begin

The life and times of a girl named Swishy.

Friday, July 07, 2006

Rough week

I haven't posted in forever, and I swear I'm trying to think of something funny or clever or at least non-depressing to write about, but I got nothing. It's been a not-so-hot week. I ... I don't know. I can't really do anything right. I was going to say, well, I can at least brush my teeth right, but since I've had cavities, I guess I can't really do that right, either.

I don't even think I can talk about how sad I am right, because it sounds like I'm throwing myself a pity party when all it really is is me trying to describe why I feel sad. The point is, I feel really, really sad this week, the kind of sad where you're driving along and all of a sudden start crying at a stoplight and the guy in the car next to you looks at you like you're crazy, and I don't know how to fix things. Because the more I try, the more I screw it up.

I'm going to stop talking about it now.

So ... what else. I moved. It sucked. I still have boxes EVERYWHERE! I have just enough unpacked to move around and be able to function, but I need to get settled. It's good, though. It's, like, twice as much room as I had in the old place, with the added bonus of no crack ho neighbor! I also got a new shower curtain that I am absurdly in love with. I ran to Target, like, 10 minutes before it closed because I HAD to take a shower (I had shower doors in the old place), and I grabbed one and was like, I'll just put it in the bathroom that I never use if I hate it. But I LOVE it!

It's the little things, you know. Don't think I'm not posting a picture, too, because I totally am as soon as I unearth my little cable thing from a box.

I've also been obsessed with this song for the past two weeks: Chocolate by Snow Patrol. It's a Snow Patrol summer for Swishy. They played Snow Patrol songs in the last two episodes of the bestest show ever, Grey's Anatomy, which of course made me love them, and then I've been watching the teaser trailer for Zach Braff's new movie incessantly, and Chocolate is the song that plays over it.

As a side note, I really love Zach Braff. I think he would get me. Is that weird? I know it is. But he would.

Other random stuff so you don't leave on a total downer:

--Emmy nominations today! I'm a big awards show girl. I have been known to take vacation days to watch the Emmys. I was super happy that 24 and Grey's Anatomy were the two most-nominated shows. I can't understand how more Grey's people weren't nominated, though (like Patrick Dempsey and his LOOKS!).
--Kathy Griffin is on TV right now making her cake soup. Chocolate cake in a mixer with a pint of vanilla ice cream. It looks kinda good.
--And ... I think I'm going to bed now.

2 Comments:

At 10:04 PM, Blogger Manic Mom said...

Ah, I'm sorry. I hope you're not sad anymore. And no one was around in cyber world to cheer you up with happy, happy comments.

You should have made the choc cake soup and eaten that when you were sad, then you'd be happy! xo

 
At 1:53 AM, Blogger Swishy said...

I know, everyone but me went out of town on the Fourth! I SHOULD have made the chocolate cake soup! Chocolate makes things better for at least a little while, right? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home