Waiting for My Real Life to Begin

The life and times of a girl named Swishy.

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Oh, to be a teenager again

Girl who works in the coffee shop I go to, to her coworker:

"My dad just called me and we seriously got into the biggest fight ever. He was like, 'Since when are you dating Adam?' And I was like, 'Whatever, you knew I was dating Adam ... plus, it's, like, MY business.' And then he was all, 'Blah, blah, blah ... if you're such an adult, why don't you move out on your own?' And I was like, 'Seriously? SERIOUSLY?' I feel like I'm having a dream when I talk to him, because those conversations can't possibly be real. They're so totally ridiculous."

5 Comments:

At 7:48 PM, Blogger Allison Winn Scotch said...

Hee! Thanks for my giggle for the night. :)

 
At 6:38 AM, Blogger Trish said...

oh m'god, that was just like, soooo totally funny

Teenage girls are cute aren't they?

 
At 5:20 PM, Anonymous Eileen said...

The scary thing is when this stuff comes out of the mouth of an adult. I work as a counsellor and sometimes I long to scream "can you listen to yourself for just a blinkin minute?"

 
At 12:17 AM, Blogger Swishy said...

I had to laugh when I was eavesdropping on them, because I was SO that teenager. I was convinced my parents' sole goal in life was to annoy me as much as possible. I'm sure I'll get my payback someday. HOPEFULLY I've overgrown it! :)

 
At 6:56 PM, Blogger mama kay said...

Funny stuff ... I, too, was that teenager and now I have that teenager! It's true, what goes around, comes around .. or is it what comes around, goes around ... hmm .. whatever - you get the point!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home