Waiting for My Real Life to Begin

The life and times of a girl named Swishy.

Monday, July 10, 2006

Crazytown

So I work in this corporate park. There's a stop sign going into our parking lot, and I often run this stop sign when there aren't any cars around. I also sometimes park in the visitor spot up front when I'm running late, so I don't have to do the 100-yard dash across the parking lot. I realize that these things might go against some people's moral codes, but, honestly, I'm really OK with it. (For the record, I DO move out of the visitor spot once I'm done with whatever meeting I'm late for. Most of the time.)

Anyway, so I work in this corporate park with the stop sign. I work Sunday nights along with, like, 30 other people, and generally we are the ONLY people within miles of this corporate park. I'm going to work, I approach the stop sign. There isn't a soul in sight except for some dude inexplicably jogging on the far side of the lot, so I cruise through the stop sign and park. I grab all my stuff, open the car door, and BOOM! Angry jogger man, who apparently had SPRINTED across the parking lot, all up in my grill.

Angry jogger man, leaning into my car, making a circle with his hands: DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS IS? THIS IS A F---ING STOP SIGN! WHEN YOU SEE A F---ING STOP SIGN, YOU F---ING STOP!
Me: mouth hanging open, like, "You've got to be kidding me."
Angry jogger man: DO YOU HEAR ME? YOU F---ING STOP! YOU GOT THAT? DO YOU KNOW HOW TO F---ING STOP?
Me: "Um ... thanks for the lesson."
Angry jogger man runs away.

It totally warms my heart that there are such concerned citizens in the world. Such concerned citizens that are TOTALLY GOING TO BLOW UP A BUILDING ANY FREAKING SECOND.

4 Comments:

At 12:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did "angry jogger man" then go inside and make coffee?

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger Swishy said...

HA HA HA.

No, but I think he might have gone inside and washed his hands!

 
At 10:03 PM, Blogger Manic Mom said...

Hubby used to be a cop, and he told me once that the stop signs like those in parking lots, corporate parks, grocery stores, cannot be enforced by the law.

You shoulda run the bastard over.

 
At 1:50 AM, Blogger Swishy said...

NO! Are you serious? Oooh, I hope I see the angry jogger man again now that I'm over my shock. He was an ASS!

I didn't know Hubby used to be a cop! Did he save the handcuffs? Ha ha.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home