Waiting for My Real Life to Begin

The life and times of a girl named Swishy.

Monday, June 05, 2006

Sweet Home Tennessee

A few things I saw/experienced/learned on my little jaunt to Nashville (yes, Nashville!) this weekend:

Abraham Lincoln. For REAL! Just, like, randomly saw this guy. My friend grabbed my camera and used her sneaky surveillance skills to get a picture of him. Look at this dude.



I told you!!!

I saw this girl play an acoustic set, and she is SO GOOD! Check out the song "Nervous"--that was my favorite (you can listen to it on that link). It's even better live!

On a related note, if you stick a guitar in someone's hands and throw them up on stage, it does wonders for their hot factor. I'm just saying. I might have to look into it.

I drove through Elizabethtown! Perhaps more exciting, I managed to take a couple of pictures of the Elizabethtown sign without crashing the car. Anyway, the movie Elizabethtown was, like, whatever. Had some decent parts, had some dumb parts and had one REALLY GOOD part. The guy and the girl have this chance meeting, they go their separate ways and then they get on the phone and end up talking all night long. She's doing her nails and taking a bubble bath and they're chatting up a storm, telling each other stuff they don't tell anyone else and trying to find out everything about each other. And then they're laying in bed, and they keep saying 10 more minutes and we'll go to sleep, and finally they decide to be crazy and spontaneous and jump in the car and drive to each other. They talk in the car the whole way (I would kill for that kind of life on my phone battery!), meet in the middle and watch the sun rise. And then collapse because they're so tired. And it's ALL KINDS of cute. Anyway, the roads around this sign are the ones they filmed on during this part of the movie, so I was like, awwwww.



I've been informed that no straight guy would spend all night on the phone with a girl, but OF COURSE that's wrong ... right?!?

Nashville is very, very pretty. It's one of the prettiest areas I've seen. The people are unbelievably nice and I totally dig the accents. But, holy crap, does it feel like another country. If there's anything I learned, it's that I may be a suburban mall rat, but I'm still way too much of a "Yankee" (yes, I was called one) to survive more than a few weeks too far south of the Mason-Dixon line.

Finally, I looked for Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban, but didn't see them. I was totally going to go National Enquirer on them and then ask to be the flower girl in their wedding in exchange for my paparazzi shots, but alas, it wasn't to be.

2 Comments:

At 7:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I've been informed that no straight guy would spend all night on the phone with a girl, but OF COURSE that's wrong ... right?!?"

I'm guessing a gay guy told you this. It's soooo not true.

 
At 1:16 AM, Blogger Swishy said...

HA! I am totally going to pass that on. My response was, "Well, if they were on the phone with ME, they would" ... but it's nice to have a little backup on this one!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home