Waiting for My Real Life to Begin

The life and times of a girl named Swishy.

Saturday, June 10, 2006

How not to win me over

Call me before 8 a.m. on a Saturday, unless you're standing outside:

a) and my house is on fire
b) ready to whisk me off to the Carribean
c) with, at the very least, breakfast and massage oils on hand.

Being an early riser and assuming everyone else is too is not a reason. Not being able to go another second without talking to me is not a reason. (Unless I feel the same way, in which case you can assume that you wouldn't HAVE to call me at obscene hours of the day to talk to me.)

I understand that for many people, 7:49 a.m. is not THAT early. I get it. I'm up (or, at least, PRACTICALLY up) by 7:49 on a weekday. Saturday, however, is not a weekday. I was out late last night. I went to bed at 3:30. The LAST thing I want is my phone ringing in my ear four hours later. Chances are, I won't hear it anyway. And if I DO hear it, chances are even better that I will pick up my phone, look at the caller ID to rule out any life-threatening emergencies, and then throw it across the room and go back to sleep.

As I did this morning.

You want to win me over? Wait until 9 on a Saturday. Or even, like, 8:03. I'd take 8:03.

7 Comments:

At 11:49 AM, Blogger spy scribbler said...

8:03? Gosh, I sure wouldn't take 8:03, and I'd be annoyed at 9! Try 10 ... or better yet, 12, after I'd had time to wake up, sit myself in the shower, get food, and feel alive again.

 
At 6:20 PM, Blogger Camy Tang said...

You poor thing! I think I'd be screaming some not-so-polite words into the phone if that happened to me. I'm with spy scribbler--noon is more my time of choice.

I surfed over from the Chick-Lit loop!
Camy

 
At 6:44 PM, Blogger Dorothy said...

I'm from the chick lit group, too, and love checking out people's blogs. I am soooooooo NOT a morning person so I can really really really identify with this. ;o)

 
At 7:34 PM, Blogger Diane said...

Likewise, NOT a morning person, and when the phone rings in the morning, it's likely to be for my partner, not for me - even more annoying!

I've popped over from the chick lit group as well - you've got some good stories here. If you want to boost your readership, try joining http://www.blogexplosion.com and come at visit me at my blog, www.disyc.blogspot.com

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger Jess Riley said...

Just linked ya, girlie.

I just keep the phone far, far away from my head in the morning.

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger Swishy said...

Yay! Thank you all for coming over and saying hi!

I totally almost called him back on my way home from work last night ... at 2 a.m. Two can play that game!

Thanks for the linkage, Jess! :)

 
At 10:49 PM, Blogger Manic Mom said...

WHO CALLED? WHO CALLED?

OH MY GOD, and my verification is:

jiWAX!!! How appropriate!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home