Waiting for My Real Life to Begin

The life and times of a girl named Swishy.

Monday, June 12, 2006

Bring on the pain

About six weeks ago, I was deflowered as a waxing virgin. There were laughs, there were tears, there were morning-after "Did I really do that?" flashbacks.

And now ... I'm going back for more.

That's right, tomorrow afternoon at 3:30, I once again will be on my back in a room filled with the sounds of deceptively soothing music, watching a virtual stranger load up her spatula with hot wax and head toward me. Only, this time, there will be no one to guide me through it. Just me, my mistress of pain and her cloth strips.

SCARY!

This is funny, though. So I call to make the appointment, right? I dial the numbers, I'm fiddling with my nails, and I hear someone pick up.

"Hi, this is a great day at Starbucks. This is Katie. How may I help you?"
Me: "Yeah, I like to make an appointment for a bi--wait, who is this?"
"This is Katie."
Me: "At ... where? Starbucks?"
"Yes, this is Starbucks. How can I help you?"
Me: "Umm ... I think I have the wrong number. Sorry!"

I totally almost asked the girl at Starbucks to give me a bikini wax. I mean, seriously. I ALMOST ASKED THE GIRL AT STARBUCKS TO GIVE ME A BIKINI WAX!

I am so not cut out for this.

3 Comments:

At 11:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow!!!

 
At 11:36 PM, Anonymous Caryn said...

LOL! I've actually never had a waxing, so you're much braver than I am!

 
At 10:47 PM, Blogger Manic Mom said...

I would say that could be a new entrepeneurial adventure--waxing and lattes! Women will flock!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home