Waiting for My Real Life to Begin

The life and times of a girl named Swishy.

Monday, May 08, 2006

Up and running!

I first started this blog in January, which was not the happiest of times in Swishville, and while it was a nice release, it was just a tiny bit too angsty. You know? So I cleared out all the old, angsty posts, slapped on a new URL, and BOOM! New blog!

I have some storytelling to catch up on. I went to a fantastic writers conference a week ago and did all kinds of firsts--my first conference, my first bikini wax (ouch!), my first time pitching to an editor, my first time getting not one, but two, invitations to boys' hotel rooms within minutes of each other! Good times all around.

But I've been in my favoritest coffee shop in the world a tiny bit too long today, and I need to stop sucking down Dr Peppers and go make something of myself (in other words, go do some laundry, hit Target, get my ass up on the elliptical ... the stuff of scintillating blog entries, for sure). Story time later!

2 Comments:

At 11:03 AM, Blogger Manic Mom said...

OKAY, I'm going to be linking you later today so you better start writing some gooood stuff! I think a picture of you howling at the bikini wax might make a great start!

 
At 4:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

drop whatever you're doing and write! write! write! come on, you can do it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home