Waiting for My Real Life to Begin

The life and times of a girl named Swishy.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Gimme a P!

For Peeps, my favorite Easter treat.
For pecs, the body part that can't be beat.

And, um, procrastinating, which is what I'm doing.

I'm supposed to be a) finding a new apartment so I'm not homeless in 21 days and b) polishing up my query letter and first 50ish pages. Instead, I got home from work at 7, just in time for Amazing Race, which of course I watched. Then I watched the American Idol results show, even though I didn't see the performances last night. (It didn't stop me from being appropriately shocked by rocker/stepdad Chris's ouster!) Then I worked out and read articles about stuff like the best sex position for women and how to be assertive at work. And now I'm half-watching Sex and the City, half-blogging about the most exciting Wednesday night EVER! See? Procrastinating. With a capital P.

I've lived in my apartment for, like, three and a half years. I've outgrown it. I use my kitchen table for storage. And did I mention I have a crack ho for a neighbor? I have a crack ho for a neighbor. Fun times. Anyway, so I need to move. Last November I couldn't quite muster up the energy to do it, so I said, "OK, six months! In six months I'll be ready to move." So I signed a six-month lease, which seemed forever at the time, but ended April 30. (Which is another fun story, since I thought it ended at the end of MAY, not April, because obviously I haven't mastered the ability to count beyond the fingers on one of my hands. I have a one-month extension which, believe me, I'm paying dearly for.) So three weeks from tomorrow I'm outta here, and I have BARELY begun looking. I sent one email about a place which went unanswered. I HATE moving. I hate it, hate it, hate it. I think about packing up all the crap I've accumulated over the past three and a half years and it makes me want to run for the nearest box of chocolate-covered Oreos (which I highly recommend but no longer keep in the house).

And I'm whining. I promised fun stories, and I don't think this qualifies. This weekend, for sure! But right now I need to go find an apartment. Maybe.

4 Comments:

At 12:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could get a place in Chicago. I'd like to see more of you. BTW, U-R-A-GREAT you-know-what.

 
At 12:43 AM, Blogger Jess Riley said...

I've been procrastinating like it's nobody's business lately. I'm Proceeding to Panic at the Plethora of Passtimes I've Put off, Practically. (How's that for some P's? hehe!)

Happy apartment hunting! Moving does stink, but you'll feel so much better when it's over & you're all settled in your new place. (Just keep telling yourself that. :)

(Does "you-know-what" = kisser? hahahaha!!!)

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger Manic Mom said...

hahahah! Jess! That's a great P paragraph!

Swishy-Tishy--you need to post more!!!

 
At 2:49 AM, Blogger Swishy said...

WOW! Three comments!

OK, Jess, I'm glad you figured out who I am ... I should have said so in my comment to your blog!

I'm going to post more, starting ... now! Anything to keep me from apartment hunting :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home